Moroe says sorry to South African National Editors’ Forum

File image: Thabang Moroe.

Cricket South Africa chief executive officer Thabang Moroe has apologised to the South African National Editors’ Forum after the media accreditation of several cricket journalists was revoked last week.

Capetonian quartet Neil Manthorp, Firdose Moonda, Telford Vice and Stuart Hess were among five journalists whose media accreditation was revoked prior to Sunday’s Mzansi Super League fixture between the Cape Town Blitz and Tshwane Spartans at Newlands. The fifth is cricket writer Ken Borland.

What Moroe said

“Again thank you for taking my call and giving me a moment in your busy schedule,” Moroe wrote in a letter to SANEF on Tuesday.

“As I alluded to you that as head of operations at Cricket South Africa I take full responsibility for what transpired over the weekend and that I don’t think such a drastic measure was necessary!

“With hindsight being the perfect vision one can easily think to have spared a few minutes in my day to try and personally get hold of the journalists and assess their position myself.

“I have been in talks with all the journalists and personally apologised for the embarrassment they suffered, I have also committed to a ‘sit down’ with them so we can have frank discussions around CSA and cricket. Mr Borland is currently on holiday and I haven’t been able to get hold of him but will continue trying him.

“I take this opportunity to once more apologise, unreservedly so to you and your organisation for the mishap and can assure you that it will not happen again!”

Vice, Moonda, Manthorp, Hess and Borland’s media accreditation has since been reinstated.

Also read

Be the first to comment on "Moroe says sorry to South African National Editors’ Forum"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*