The District Sixers recruited all-rounder Lehan Botha during last week’s Cape Premier League player auction.
The Sixers paid 3.8 million CPL dollars – the tournament’s fictional currency -for Botha.
This was the third-largest purchase at the player auction, after the Hoeri Kwaggo Bulls and Peninsula Patiots bought wicketkeeper-batsman Taariq Chiecktey and batsman Josh Chippendale, respectively, for four million each.
The Sixers tried to retain fast bowler Darren Rolfe during the auction, but were outbid by the Cape Vikings.
Prior to the auction, the Sixers recruited wicketkeeper-batsman Ridaa Isaacs from the Hoeri Kwaggo Bulls.
District Sixers squad for 2023 CPL
- Ridaa Isaacs
- Derek Mitchell
- Givon Christian
- Wesley Bedja
- Daniel Smith
- Christiaan Oberholzer
- Jesse Christensen
- Gavin Dickenson
- Tashwill Carolus
- Sanele Qubuda
- Lehan Botha
- Geoff Dods
- Darryn Walters
- Jared Southgate
- Kyle Klein
- Reece Thomas
The Sixers lost last year’s CPL final to the Devil’s Peak Dragons. The 2023 CPL is scheduled to start in late September.
MORE latest Cape Premier League (CPL) news
- Nick Barlow late addition to Atlantic Pirates squad
- Rashard Gibbs joins Bo-Kaap Phantoms for 600,000
- Cameron Fraser, Rupert Holmes join Cape Vikings
- West Coast Outlaws sign Grant Edmeades, Mujaahid Toffar
- Devil’s Peak Dragons keep Sabir Mallie, Sohail Mahmoud
- Hoeri Kwaggo Bulls pay 2.4 million for Ethan Cunningham
- Josh Chippendale among Peninsula Patriots’ biggest buys