The Hoeri Kwaggo Bulls signed all-rounder Ethan Cunningham during last week’s Cape Premier League player auction.
The Bulls purchased Cunningham for 2.4 million CPL dollars – the tournament’s fictional currency.
They also acquired wicketkeeper-batsman Taariq Chiecktey and South Africa Over-40 spinner Ridiwaan Williams, among others.
Prior to the auction, the Bulls retained batsman Justin Pringle, all-rounder Devon Brown and others – and recruited seamer Bailey Aarons from the Cape Vikings.
Hoeri Kwaggo Bulls squad for 2023 CPL
- Bailey Aarons
- Alex Draai
- Reeve Cyster
- Devon Brown
- Justin Pringle
- Josh Schippers
- Ayabonga Ngondo
- Matthew Mingo
- Ethan Cunningham
- Ahmed Bayoumy
- Umar Anthony
- Brent Johnson
- Taahir Samaai
- Maahir Eksteen
- Taariq Chiecktey
- Ridiwaan Williams
The Bulls lost the inaugural CPL final to the Vikings in 2019. The Devil’s Peak Dragons are the reigning champions. The 2023 CPL is scheduled to start in late September.
MORE latest Cape Premier League (CPL) news
- Nick Barlow late addition to Atlantic Pirates squad
- Rashard Gibbs joins Bo-Kaap Phantoms for 600,000
- Cameron Fraser, Rupert Holmes join Cape Vikings
- West Coast Outlaws sign Grant Edmeades, Mujaahid Toffar
- Devil’s Peak Dragons keep Sabir Mallie, Sohail Mahmoud
- District Sixers sign Lehan Botha for big price
- Josh Chippendale among Peninsula Patriots’ biggest buys