The Bo-Kaap Phantoms signed batsman Rashard Gibbs at last week’s Cape Premier League player auction.
The Phantoms purchased Gibbs for 600,000 CPL dollars – the tournament’s fictional currency.
Gibbs won the Lenasia Premier League title with the Tasmanian Devils recently. The LPL in Gauteng is the sister tournament of the CPL in the Western Cape.
He is the son of former Proteas batsman Herschelle Gibbs.
The Phantoms also signed Cape Town Cricket Club all-rounder Nicholas Scott and Durbanville Cricket Club wicketkeeper-batsman Carlos Koyana, among others, during the player auction.
The Phantoms had retained batsman Lenert van Wyk and others – and purchased seamer Marvin Williams from the Cape Vikings prior to the auction.
Bo-Kaap Phantoms squad for 2023 CPL
- Ruben Senekal
- Marvin Williams
- Lenert van Wyk
- Matthew de Villiers
- Jean Strydom
- Tashwin Lukas
- Justin Behrens
- Schaughn van Greunen
- Darian Naidoo
- Nicholas Scott
- Rashard Gibbs
- Luke Holland
- Carlos Koyana
- Hayden Byrne
- Kaden Solomons
- Brandon Viret
The 2023 CPL is scheduled to start in late September. The Devil’s Peak Dragons are the reigning champions.
MORE latest Cape Premier League (CPL) news
- Nick Barlow late addition to Atlantic Pirates squad
- Cameron Fraser, Rupert Holmes join Cape Vikings
- West Coast Outlaws sign Grant Edmeades, Mujaahid Toffar
- Devil’s Peak Dragons keep Sabir Mallie, Sohail Mahmoud
- Hoeri Kwaggo Bulls pay 2.4 million for Ethan Cunningham
- District Sixers sign Lehan Botha for big price
- Josh Chippendale among Peninsula Patriots’ biggest buys