New Rondebosch Cricket Club all-rounder Morne Pentz has been sidelined by a groin injury.
Pentz was the second-highest run-scorer and joint fifth-highest wicket-taker in the 2022-23 Western Province Cricket Association first division A.
He has since left Northerns Goodwood Cricket Club in the WPCA first division A for Rondebosch Cricket Club in the premier league.
“I am struggling with a groin injury and I am busy with rehab. Doctor said I will be out for six weeks. Let’s hope after the six weeks I am back to my fit self,” said Pentz.
Pentz will be sidelined until late August or early September 2023.
Rondebosch Cricket Club’s 2023-24 premier league campaign will likely start in late September or early October with a round of Ama20 Competition fixtures.
MORE latest WP club cricket news
- UPDATED 2023-24 club cricket season player TRANSFERS
- LATEST 2023-24 club cricket season COACH and CAPTAIN appointments
- Ridaa Isaacs succeeds Derek Mitchell at WPCC
- Saadiek Davids, Shuray Booley exit United Cricket Club
- Bellville Cricket Club sign Lehan Botha
- Rushdi Jappie returns to Brackenfell Cricket Club
- Montrose Cricket Club name Faiz Kippie player-coach
- Siya Simetu exits WPCA premier league for Warriors contract
- Green Point Cricket Club sign Keegan Crawford
- Shaheen Khan, Yaseen Vallie return to Cravenby Cricket Club
- Rory O’Brien makes club cricket comeback
- Liam Goodall rejoins Pinelands Cricket Club again
- Philip Kleynhans leaves Brackenfell Cricket Club
- UCT Cricket Club name new head coach
- Brandon Viret returns to Bellville Cricket Club
- Green Point Cricket Club name overseas pro captain
- Brackenfell Cricket Club to ‘raise bar higher’
- Pinelands Cricket Club batsman joins Cravenby Cricket Club
- Rylands Cricket Club seamer returns to Cravenby Cricket Club
- Mitchells Plain Cricket Club name Raees Sylvester Player of the Year
- Hottentots Holland Cricket Club retain captain and coach