Five Western Province players have been named in South Africa’s preliminary squad for next year’s Over-60 World Cup in Chennai, India.
The 12-man preliminary squad also includes representatives from the Titans, Dolphins, Lions, Boland and Eastern Province.
“The initial squad was selected after the VCASA triangular tournament which took place at the
Wanderers Cricket Club recently,” read a statement from the Veterans Cricket Association of South Africa.
“The team includes seven players who represented VCASA at the inaugural Over-60 World Cup in Australia in 2022.
“Four more players will be added to the squad at the end of November. A captain and vice-captain will be announced once the full 16-man squad has been selected.”
SA Over-60’s preliminary World Cup squad
- Roy Meeser (Western Province)
- Trevor Poole (Titans)
- Ross Holing (Western Province)
- Paul Gouge (Dolphins)
- Aqeel Cupido (Boland)
- Peter Amm (Eastern Province)
- Barney de Klerk (Western Province)
- Vivian Chamier (Dolphins)
- Stuart Hendricks (Western Province)
- Irshadul Haq (Titans)
- Mark Tessendorff (Lions)
- Peter Martin (Western Province)