Opening batsman Andrew Hore hit the highest score in the history of New Zealand Over-50 cricket recently.
Hore hit 114 in New Zealand’s victory over Zimbabwe in Monday, 6 March 2023’s Over-50 World Cup fixture at Cape Town Cricket Club’s Boon Wallace Oval.
The previous record was captain Adrian Dale’s 102 against Canada at the 2018 Over-50 World Cup.
Hore, who was capped 26 times at first-class level from 1997 to 2003, also became the sixth New Zealander to reach 1,000 runs in Over-50 cricket during the century against Zimbabwe.
New Zealand’s 308 for seven was the highest total on day one of the 2023 Over-50 World Cup, which features 14 teams, including reigning champions Australia and hosts South Africa.
More Over-50 World Cup news
- Over-50 World Cup, day 2 wrap: Saleem Mukuddem stars as SA beat Pakistan
- Over-50 World Cup, day 1 wrap: SA beat India, 2 centurions for England
- 2023 Over-50 World Cup fixtures – 56 matches, 23 venues, 14 squads, 10 match days
- Full squads for 2023 Over-50 World Cup – Murray Goodwin and more
- Who are the former Test, ODI and T20I cricketers at the Over-50 World Cup in SA?