Former Western Province captain Andrew Puttick has been appointed Pakistan’s batting coach.
Puttick has previously held batting coach roles with South Africa A, South Africa Women and Western Province.
Pakistan have also hired former Proteas seamer Morne Morkel. He has been named bowling coach. Morkel has worked with New Zealand Women and Namibia previously – and is currently with the Lucknow Super Giants’ coaching staff in the Indian Premier League.
Former Proteas head coach Mickey Arthur, meanwhile, has joined Pakistan as a consultant. Arthur has previously been head coach of Pakistan – and is currently head coach of Derbyshire in English county cricket.
MORE latest cricket news
- 2023-24 domestic season: LATEST player transfers
- 2023-24 domestic season: TEAM-BY-TEAM arrivals and exits
- Relegated Knights lose Gerald Coetzee to Titans
- Mthiwekhaya Nabe returns to Western Province from Warriors
- Juan James returns to WP from North West on rookie contract
- Zubayr Hamza exits Western Province for Lions
- Tshepo Moreki leaves Western Province for Lions
- Sean Whitehead exits SWD for Warriors
- Keegan Petersen returns to Boland from Dolphins
- Pite van Biljon departs Knights, joins Tuskers
- Raynard van Tonder moves from Knights to North West
- Mbulelo Budaza joins Tuskers from Knights
- Boland contract Janneman Malan after CSA snub
- Dolphins contract Andile Phehlukwayo after CSA snub
- Wihan Lubbe joins North West from Warriors
- Alfred Mothoa joins Warriors from Knights
- Patrick Kruger joins Warriors from Knights