Washington Freedom have signed Proteas all-rounder Marco Jansen for the inaugural edition of Major League Cricket in the United States of America.
Jansen will join Proteas team-mate Anrich Nortje and former Test spinner Dane Piedt at Washington.
The Seattle Orcas recently signed Proteas all-rounder Wayne Parnell, who is currently with the Royal Challengers Bangalore in the Indian Premier League.
The Orcas also have also recruited Proteas wicketkeeper-batsman Quinton de Kock.
The 2023 Major League Cricket is scheduled to start on 13 July. It will feature six teams:
- Seattle Orcas
- MI New York
- Washington Freedom
- San Francisco Unicorns
- Los Angeles Knight Riders
- Texas Super Kings
All 19 matches, including 30 July’s final, will be played at the new Grand Prairie Stadium in Texas.
The tournament will feature several international players, including Australian duo Aaron Finch and Marcus Stoinis, former New Zealand all-rounder Corey Anderson, England’s Liam Plunkett, Sri Lanka’s Shehan Jayasuriya and more.
South Africans signed for 2023 Major League Cricket
- Quinton de Kock (Seattle Orcas)
- Wayne Parnell (Seattle Orcas)
- Matthew Tromp (Seattle Orcas)
- Shadley van Schalkwyk (Los Angeles Knight Riders)
- Corne Dry (Los Angeles Knight Riders)
- Justin Dill (Washington Freedom)
- Marco Jansen (Washington Freedom)
- Dane Piedt (Washington Freedom)
- Obus Pienaar (Washington Freedom)
- Anrich Nortje (Washington Freedom)
- Andries Gous (Washington Freedom)
- Carmi le Roux (San Francisco Unicorns)
- David White (San Francisco Unicorns)
- Calvin Savage (Texas Super Kings)
- Cody Chetty (Texas Super Kings)
- Rusty Theron (Texas Super Kings)