Multiple Western Province Cricketers have been included in an extended 27-man South Africa Under-19 squad.
The squad will assemble at Cricket South Africa’s centre of excellent from 17 to 21 March 2023.
The five days form part of CSA’s talent acceleration program.
“This camp will kickstart the building phase and will serve as the first selection camp leading the to the World Cup early next year,” said South Africa Under-19 coach Malibongwe Maketa.
“We are looking for a competent squad that will not only compete, but do well in foreign conditions and handle the pressure that comes with international cricket.
“Our aim is to nurture talent and develop technically sound players. Being calm under pressure, technically sound, with the ability to make the right decisions to what the game requires are the basic requirements in order to be successful at international level.
“I’m excited to meet the young men; this is a good group with a lot of talent. I am hopeful we can bring all that talent to the top, manage, and support it well.”
South Africa Under-19 squad
- Bongile Mfunelwa (Western Province)
- Beni Hansen (Western Province)
- Oliver Whitehead (Western Province)
- Raees Salie (Western Province)
- Jonathan Van Zyl (Western Province)
- Gysbert Wege (Boland)
- Thebe Gazide (Lions)
- Juan James (North West)
- Tristan Luus (Titans)
- Modise Maloka (Titans)
- Dewan Marais (Titans)
- Romashan Pillay (KwaZulu-Natal)
- Richard Seletswane (Lions)
- David Teeger (Lions)
- Ntandoyenkosi Zuma (KwaZulu-Natal)
- Esa Gangat (Eastern Province)
- Martin Khumalo (Easterns)
- Kwena Maphaka (Lions)
- Nqobani Mokoena (KwaZulu-Natal)
- Riley Norton (Boland)
- Sipho Potsane (Lions)
- Lhuandre Pretorius (Lions)
- Aihevba Esosa (Lions)
- Leo Sadler (Titans)
- Corne Botha (Lions)
- Lethabo Phahlamohlaka (Titans)
- Luke Francis (Lions)