The Bo-Kaap Phantoms have retained batsmen Lenert van Wyk and Matthew de Villiers for the 2022 Cape Premier League.
Van Wyk was among the most expensive players purchased at the 2021 CPL auction.
He was bought by the Phantoms for 3.7 million CPL dollars – the tournament’s fictional currency.
Van Wyk and de Villiers represent Rondebosch Cricket Club and Claremont Cricket Club, respectively, in Western Province Cricket Association premier league competition.
Durbanville Cricket Club seamers Nathan Swartz and Tashwin Lukas have also been retained by the Phantoms.
Bo-Kaap Phantoms’ retained players
- Jean Marais
- Jean Strydom
- Lenert van Wyk
- Matthew de Villiers
- Nathan Swartz
- Tashwin Lukas
The Devil’s Peak Dragons are the reigning CPL champions. They beat the Atlantic Pirates in October 2021’s final.
The Cape Vikings won the inaugural title in 2019, after beating the Hoeri Kwaggo Bulls in the final. The tournament was not played in 2020.
More 2022 Cape Premier League (CPL) news
- Jesse Christensen bought for 1.2 million CPL dollars
- Outlaws retain Kyle Simmonds, Jono Bird
- Brad Barnes, Tayo Walbrugh stay at Vikings
- Umar Anthony joins Devil’s Peak Dragons
- Pirates retain Luke Petersen, Jody Lawrence
- Bulls keep Junaid Dawood, Qaasim Adams
- Brendan Young, Dewald Botha stay at Dragons
- Sixers keep Givon Christian, Darren Rolfe
- Patriots announce retained players