The Cape Vikings won the inaugural Women’s Cape Premier League last week.
The Vikings beat the Atlantic Pirates in the final.
The Cape Premier League existed as a men’s tournament from 2019. In June 2023, a women’s tournament was introduced.
The Vikings, Pirates, Hoeri Kwaggo Bulls and Peninsula Partiots participated in the inaugural Women’s CPL.
“Through the Barnes Prince Foundation, Ashwell Prince and I will continue to create opportunities for future generations,” said Cape Vikings franchise co-owner Vincent Barnes.
“The CPL provides a wonderful opportunity for our players and teams to showcase their talent. Super proud of our women’s team and coaches.”
MORE latest Cape Premier League (CPL) news
- Nick Barlow late addition to Atlantic Pirates squad
- Rashard Gibbs joins Bo-Kaap Phantoms for 600,000
- Cameron Fraser, Rupert Holmes join Cape Vikings
- Devil’s Peak Dragons keep Sabir Mallie, Sohail Mahmoud
- Hoeri Kwaggo Bulls pay 2.4 million for Ethan Cunningham
- District Sixers sign Lehan Botha for big price
- Josh Chippendale among Peninsula Patriots’ biggest buys