Cricket South Africa have named a 26-player squad for this month’s inaugural SA20 under-19 women’s training camp.
The squad includes four players from Western Province, four from the Lions, three from the Dolphins and three from the Titans.
“Aligned with the commitment to furthering the growth of women’s cricket in South Africa and the vision of establishing a women’s SA20 league in the coming years, CSA and the SA20 aim to utilise the women’s under-19 camps to provide a comprehensive training platform for emerging talents,” read a statement from Cricket South Africa.
“Building on a historic step made by CSA in joining forces with the Department of Sports, Arts and Culture to professionalise senior domestic women’s cricket ahead of the new season, the focus has expanded to broadening the base of young players and constructing a robust depth of talent in the development pipeline.”
The squad will work with Women’s National Academy head coach Dinesha Devnarain and former Australian all-rounder Julia Price.
SA20 Under-19 women’s training camp squad
- Tlotlo Bogatsu (North West)
- Iman Bonnasse (Eastern Province)
- Jemma Botha (Western Province)
- Fay Cowling (Lions)
- Jae-Leigh Filander (Western Province)
- Erika Gates (Free State)
- Janicke Janse van Rensburg (Titans)
- Alexia Kontopirakis (Western Province)
- Koketso Lesenyego (North West)
- Simone Lourens (Titans)
- Jenna-Lee Lubbe (Lions)
- Mpumelelo Mashiloane (Easterns)
- Karabo Meso (Lions)
- Shelfa Mkhari (Limpopo)
- Nomfundo Mthombeni (Dolphins)
- Seshnie Naidu (Dolphins)
- Nthabiseng Nini (North West)
- Leani Swanepoel (Lions)
- Melissa van der Merwe (Boland)
- Mia-Lize van der Vyver (Boland)
- Diedre van Rensburg (North West)
- Mieke van Voorst (Easterns)
- Ashleigh van Wyk (Easterns)
- Jane Verhage (Titans)
- Hannah-Leigh Warner (Dolphins)
- Sinelethu Yaso (Western Province)