The District Sixers have revealed the players retained for this year’s edition of the Cape Premier League.
Western Province Cricket Club duo Derek Mitchell and Givon Christian are among the Sixers’ six retained players.
Who did the District Sixers retain?
- Derek Mitchell
- Givon Christian
- Wesley Bedja
- Daniel Smith
- Christiaan Oberholzer
- Jesse Christensen
The Sixers have also gained wicketkeeper-batsman Ridaa Isaacs, who has left the Hoeri Kwaggo Bulls for two million CPL dollars – the tournament’s fictional currency.
The Sixers squad will be completed at 23 June 2023’s player auction.
More about the Cape Premier League
The Devil’s Peak Dragons are the reigning Cape Premier League champions. They beat the Sixers in the 2022 final.
The Dragons are the most successful team in the brief history of the tournament with two titles.
The CPL started in 2019, when the Cape Vikings beat the Bulls in the final for the maiden title.
The tournament was not played in 2020 amid the coronavirus pandemic.
The West Coast Outlaws and Peninsula Patriots are the newest additions to the CPL, which comprises eight teams.
MORE latest Cape Premier League (CPL) news
- Follow LIVE: Women’s and men’s CPL player auctions – each and every purchase
- Peninsula Patriots and West Coast Outlaws trade Philip Kleynhans and Leon le Roux
- Qaasim Salie leaves Peninsula Patriots for Devil’s Peak Dragson for 1 million
- Malcolm Cloete moves from Cape Vikings to Peninsula Patriots for 325,0000
- Ruben Senekal joins Bo-Kaap Phantoms from West Coast Outlaws for 1.5 million
- SWD all-rounder Mark Andrianatos exits Cape Vikings for West Coast Outlaws
- Luke Stevens moves from Atlantic Pirates to West Coast Outlaws for 1 million
- Western Province all-rounder Jordan Woolf joins Atlantic Pirates for 1.8 million