Durban’s Super Giants have signed Australian all-rounder Marcus Stoinis in this year’s SA20.
Stoinis will leave the arrive in South Africa after the Melbourne Stars’ Big Bash League campaign in Australia.
He will replace West Indian batsman Nicholas Pooran in the Super Giants’ squad. Pooran will leave for the International League T20 in the United Arab Emirates to play for MI Emirates.
England seamer Richard Gleeson has also been added to the Durban Super Giants’ squad. Gleeson, who has been capped six times in T20I cricket, will be available for Durban’s first fixture of the 2024 SA20 against MI Cape Town at Kingsmead on Thursday.
Late last year, the Super Giants recently signed Proteas batsman Tony de Zorzi as a replacement for the injured Kyle Abbott.
Spinner Keshav Maharaj is the Durban team’s new captain. He replaced former DSG captain Quinton de Kock.
The Super Giants ended 2023’s inaugural SA20 in second-last position.
The Sunrisers Eastern Cape are the reigning SA20 champions. They beat the Pretoria Capitals in last year’s final.
MORE latest SA20 news
- UPDATED SA20 teams, squads and players – 11 January 2024
- Pretoria Capitals lose Anrich Nortje for 2024 SA20
- Lauren Agenbag and Shandre Fritz join SA20 match officials
- Shane Bond replaces JP Duminy at Paarl Royals for SA20
- Sunrisers Eastern Cape lose Sisanda Magala for SA20 title defence
- Keith Dudgeon and Nqaba Peter join Paarl Royals in SA20
- Melissa Reddy among commentary team for SA20
- SA20 give 2024 final to Newlands, Cape Town
- Matthew Boast, Dayyaan Galiem biggest buys at SA20 auction – R1.6 million each