All-rounder Onke Nyaku has returned to Western Province from South Western Districts ahead of South Africa’s 2023-24 domestic season.
Nyaku was capped by the Cape Cobras on several occasions before leaving for South Western Districts.
Nyaku captained SWD and, in November 2022, struck a maiden double-century in first-class cricket.
“Onke captained our side and scored a not-out double-ton for us against Limpopo. You’ve always got to take notice of guys who score double-tons. We wish him well,” SWD chief executive officer Albertus Kennedy told Rapport.
SWD have also lost spinning all-rounder Shaun Whitehead, who has joined the Warriors.
They are seeking a new coach, too, after former head coach Piet Botha joined the Proteas as bowling coach.
MORE SA domestic cricket news
- 2023-24 domestic season: LATEST player transfers
- 2023-24 domestic season: TEAM-BY-TEAM arrivals and exits
- Zubayr Hamza exits Western Province for Lions
- Tshepo Moreki leaves Western Province for Lions
- Matthew Kleinveldt moves to Titans from Knights
- Sean Whitehead exits SWD for Warriors
- Keegan Petersen returns to Boland from Dolphins
- Pite van Biljon departs Knights, joins Tuskers
- Raynard van Tonder moves from Knights to North West
- Mbulelo Budaza joins Tuskers from Knights
- Boland contract Janneman Malan after CSA snub
- Dolphins contract Andile Phehlukwayo after CSA snub
- Wihan Lubbe joins North West from Warriors
- Patrick Kruger joins Warriors from Knights