Former Proteas batsmen Hashim Amla and Jacques Kallis hit a half-century each, as the World Giants beat the Asia Lions in Thursday’s Legends League Cricket Masters fixture in Doha.
Amla opened the batting with West Indian Chris Gayle and struck 68 from 59 deliveries, including nine fours and a six.
Kallis collected 56 in 43 deliveries, including five fours and two sixes.
Amla and Kallis shared a 105-run partnership for the third wicket in a final total of 150 for three in 20 overs.
The Asia Lions bowling attacked featured Sri Lanka’s Isuru Udana and Pakistan duo Shahid Afridi and Mohammad Amir.
Australia’s Brett Lee opened the bowling for the World Giants, while Zimbabwe’s Chris Mpofu and West Indies’ Tino Best claimed three wickets each for the World Giants, as the Asia Lions were bowled out for 130 in 19.1 overs.
This year’s Legends League Cricket Masters also includes the India Maharajas, who have several former international cricketers in the squad, including batsman Suresh Raina, all-rounder Irfan Pathan and spinner Harbhajan Singh.
More veterans and masters cricket news
- Over-50 World Cup wrap, day 7: Craig Lyons ton, 98 for Brandon Nash
- Over-50 World Cup, day 6 wrap: SA lose to England, USA beat NZ
- Over-50 World Cup wrap, day 5: Murray Goodwin hits ton in win over Sri Lanka
- Over-50 World Cup wrap, day 4: Craig Lyons stars as SA beat Wales
- Over-50 World Cup, day 3 wrap: Kaiser Gantsho, Louis Koen star as SA beat Namibia
- Over-50 World Cup, day 2 wrap: Saleem Mukuddem stars as SA beat Pakistan
- Over-50 World Cup, day 1 wrap: SA beat India, 2 centurions for England
- Andrew Hore breaks New Zealand Over-50 record at Cape Town Cricket Club
- 2023 Over-50 World Cup fixtures – 56 matches, 23 venues, 14 squads, 10 match days
- Full squads for 2023 Over-50 World Cup – Murray Goodwin and more
- Who are the former Test, ODI and T20I cricketers at the Over-50 World Cup in SA?