South Africa A beat Sri Lanka A by five wickets in Thursday’s third and final limited-overs fixture in Pallekele.
The result gave South Africa A a two-one series win. They had won the first match and lost the second.
South Africa A limited Sri Lanka A to a final total of 172 all out in 42.3 overs. Seamer Gerald Coetzee completed figures of five for 48 in 8.3 overs.
This is the second five-wicket haul of Coetzee’s List A career. His first was five for 33 for Free State during the 2018-19 season.
South Africa A’s reply was led by batsman Tristan Stubbs. He scored 58 not out after captain Tony de Zorzi fell for a first-ball duck.
Opener Kyle Verreynne, number three batsman Zubayr Hamza and wicketkeepeer-batsman Sinethemba Qeshile were dismissed in the teens.
Stubbs was supported by all-rounder Senuran Muthusamy, who collected 45 not out, as South Africa A reached a 173-run target with 14.1 overs to spare.
Sri Lanka A and South Africa A will contest two four-day fixtures in Hambantota later this month.
More South Africa A cricket news
- South Africa A add 17-year-old Kwena Maphaka to squad
- Shukri Conrad: Tony de Zorzi a natural-born leader
- Gerald Coetzee: I batted in the top order my entire school career
- South Africa A lose despite Gerald Coetzee’s 77
- Dewald Brevis: Beyers Swanepoel played beautifully
- Dewald Brevis’ 98 ensures SA A win series opener