Former Dolphins coach Grant Morgan will likely succeed outgoing KwaZulu-Natal Inland head coach Michael Smith.
Smith, who was appointed last year, resigned this week. He will reportedly become the Lions’ batting coach.
The KwaZulu-Natal Inland Cricket Union have reportedly approached Morgan to return.
Morgan coached KwaZulu-Natal Inland previously – and later the Dolphins.
He left South African domestic cricket and joined Scotland as assistant coach in July 2019. He resigned from that post in October 2020.
Morgan has since returned to South Africa – and is currently the high performance coach at the Warriors. He is also head coach of Port Elizabeth’s United Cricket Club at amateur level.
He has also held coaching roles with South Africa Under-19 and the Royal Challengers Bangalore in the Indian Premier League.
More SA cricket news
- 2022-23 domestic season player transfers
- Gurswhin Rabie remains South Western Districts assistant coach
- Faiek Davids out as Western Province confirm coaching staff
- Ryan Bailey to work alongside new head coach JP Duminy at Boland
- WP high performance contracts for Gavin Kaplan, Junaid Dawood
- Eddie Moore thanks WP ‘for restoring faith in my journey’