Fast bowler Keegan Crawford has joined the West Coast Outlaws for the 2022 edition of the Cape Premier League.
The Outlaws purchased Crawford for 2.4 million CPL dollars – the tournament’s fictional currency. He was with the Devil’s Peak Dragons for 2021’s title-winning campaign.
Outlaws’ other purchases at 2022 player auction
The Outlaws purchased several other players during the auction, including Durbanville Cricket Club batsman Dale Campbell.
- Jordan Collier (1.2 million)
- Georon Claasen (1.2 million)
- Dillon Smit (700,000)
- Dale Campbell (350,000)
- Keegan Fortune (100,000)
- Angelo Yiatses (25,000)
- Eddie Schutte (25,000)
- Kyle Klein (25,000)
- Mohammed Rahman (25,000)
Earlier this year, the Outlaws announced the retention of all-rounder Philip Kleynhans, who recently joined Brackenfell Cricket Club for the 2022-23 Western Province Cricket Association premier league.
The Outlaws joined the CPL last year. The tournament started in 2019, when the Cape Vikings won the inaugural title. The competiton was not played in 2021.
The Dragons are the reigning champions after beating the Atlantic Pirates in the 2022 final.
More brand new CPL news
- Bulls pay record 4.6 million for Reeve Cyster
- Patriots buy Leon le Roux for 3.5 million
- Phantoms spend 3.4 million on Schaughn van Greunen
- Bulls spend 3.3 million on Ridaa Isaacs
- Dragons add Mathew Goles to CTCC contingent
- Darian Naidoo most expensive purchase for Pirates
- Vikings spend 4.2 million on Bailey Aarons, Jaco Castle
- Jordan Woolf goes to District Sixers for 2.8 million