Middlesex have signed Proteas spinner Keshav Maharaj for the first four months of the 2023 English county cricket season.
Maharaj will be available to Middlesex for eight County Championship fixtures and the whole T20 Blast.
This will be Maharaj’s third county. He has also represented Lancashire and Yorkshire.
He will play alongside fellow South African Pieter Malan, who will return to Middlesex in 2023 after a stint in 2022.
“I’m really excited to be linking up with such a professional and experienced county and am looking forward to wearing the Middlesex colours and calling the Home of Cricket my home,” said Maharaj.
Middlesex director of cricket Alan Coleman added: “We are delighted that Keshav has signed for Middlesex this season and are really excited to have someone of his calibre and experience joining us for the first four months of the season.
“The young spinners we have in our squad will benefit enormously from having Keshav with us this year.”
More SA cricket news
- The 5 obvious Proteas’ Test exclusions – and why
- Why Shukri Conrad preferred Heinrich Klaasen to Kyle Verreynne
- Theunis de Bruyn retires from international cricket
- JP Duminy to succeed Justin Sammons as Proteas batting coach
- Proteas name Temba Bavuma Test captain and include Tony de Zorzi
- CSA remove convenor of selectors Victor Mpitsang