Spinner Lizo Makosi has joined Mpumalanga for South Africa’s 2022-23 domestic season.
Makosi played for the Warriors during the 2021-22 season. He featured in their T20 Challenge campaign more than at first-class or List A level.
Left-arm wrist spinners – such as Makosi, Border’s Thomas Kaber and the Titans’ Tabraiz Shamsi – are uncommon in South African professional cricket.
“Confidence is a big part of wrist-spin bowling, so that was something I also had to work on to improve,” he told the HeraldLIVE last year.
“When everyone speaks of leg-spin bowling, you have to mention Shane Warne, but in modern-day cricket, I have also watched a lot of videos of Imran Tahir and Shamsi, who gave me some great advice, too.”
? Get Club Cricket SA news on Whatsapp – club cricket news straight to your phone. User comments disabled, so no spam – just relevant news.
More latest SA cricket news
- UPDATED: SA domestic player transfers
- WP contract Ethan Cunningham
- Kieran Kenny leaves WP
- Matthew Christensen moves To SWD
- Dane Paterson rejoins WP
- Boland contract Hlomla Hanabe
- Titans contract Donovan Ferreira
- Knights sign Jason Raubenheimer
- North West contract Khanya Contani
- Ziyaad Abrahams moves to Warriors
- KZN Inland sign Malcolm Nofal
- Dilivio Ridgaard moves to KZN Inland
- Thula Ngcobo joins Mpumalanga
- Ruan Haasbroek exits Lions
- Jurie Snyman joins Mpumalanga
- Dolphins contract Andile Simela
- Tshepo Ntuli joins Northern Cape
- Boland sign Farhaan Behardien
- Kelly Smuts goes to Northern Cape
- Jordan Hermann leaves Titans
- Khwezi Gumede exits Easterns
- Cameron Delport joins Lions
- Warriors sign Beyers Swanepoel
- Jonathan Vandiar leaves Heat
- Gihahn Cloete returns to Knights
- Eddie Moore leaves Warriors
- Jon-Jon Smuts leaves Warriors
- Josh Chippendale joins Warriors