The Devil’s Peak Dragons have retained all-rounders Dewald Botha and Brendan Young for the 2022 Cape Premier League.
Botha and Young were key to the Dragons’ title-winning 2021 CPL campaign.
They represent Cape Town Cricket Club in Western Province Cricket Association premier league competition.
Spinner Marcus Fourie, who was the 2021 CPL’s Bowler of the Tournament, is also among the Dragons’ retentions.
Devil’s Peak Dragons’ retained players
- Brendan Young
- Dewald Botha
- David Schierhout
- James Crowson
- Marcus Fourie
- Ali-Akbar Shaik
The Dragons, meanwhile, have gained spinner Umar Anthony, who has left the Peninsula Patriots.
Anthony plays for Rylands Cricket Club in WPCA premier league competition.
The Dragons are the reigning CPL champions. They beat the Atlantic Pirates in October 2021’s final.
The Cape Vikings won the inaugural title in 2019, after beating the Hoeri Kwaggo Bulls in the final. The tournament was not played in 2020.
More 2022 Cape Premier League (CPL) news
- Jesse Christensen bought for 1.2 million CPL dollars
- Outlaws retain Kyle Simmonds, Jono Bird
- Brad Barnes, Tayo Walbrugh stay at Vikings
- Umar Anthony joins Devil’s Peak Dragons
- Pirates retain Luke Petersen, Jody Lawrence
- Bo-Kaap Phantoms retain Lenert van Wyk
- Bulls keep Junaid Dawood, Qaasim Adams
- Sixers keep Givon Christian, Darren Rolfe
- Patriots announce retained players