League commissioner Graeme Smith has confirmed Newlands, Cape Town, as the venue for next year’s SA20 final.
The Wanderers in Johannesburg hosted the 2023 final.
“With only 50 days to go until the first ball is bowled, today marks another significant day as we announce the city of Cape Town as our host city for the final and confirm our venues for the play-offs and final,” said Smith.
“Summer and cricket have always been synonymous with one another and with the January and February window locked in annually, the SA20 will be the place to be.”
The final will be played on 10 February 2024. Newlands will also host an SA20 play-off fixture on 6 February.
“Cape Town is not only a global tourist destination for summer holidays but is a proven event destination successfully hosting the Women’s T20 Cricket World Cup final, the Volvo Ocean Race, the United Rugby Championship final, the Cape Epic and many more,” added Smith.
“This is a city with a unique vibe, iconic locations and incredible entertainment options. We look forward to it hosting a world-class final come 10 February 2024.”
Newlands is MI Cape Town’s home venue. Sunrisers Hyderabad beat the Pretoria Capitals to be crowned the inaugural SA20 champions earlier this year.
MORE latest SA20 news
- Matthew Boast, Dayyaan Galiem the biggest buys at SA20 auction – R1.6 million each
- Full list of final 2024 SA20 squads after 2023 player auction
- Nicholas Pooran joins Durban’s Super Giants for 2024 SA20
- Paarl Royals sign West Indies all-rounder Fabian Allen
- Robin Peterson replaces Simon Katich as MI Cape Town head coach