South Africa A limited Sri Lanka A to 325 all out on day one of this week’s four-day fixture in Hambantota.
Spinner Senuran Muthusamy figures of seven for 122 in 31 overs. This is the 11th five-wicket innings haul of his first-class career.
Left-arm seamer Kwena Maphaka took two wickets on first-class debut. The 17-year-old Maphaka, who played for South Africa Under-19 last year, was a late addition to the squad amid fast bowler Lutho Sipamla’s injury.
South Africa A omitted Test batsmen Kyle Verreynne and Zubayr Hamza from the XI for this series opener.
South Africa A won the preceding limited-overs series against Sri Lanka A.
More South Africa A cricket news
- Gerald Coetzee’s 5-for, Tristan Stubbs’ 58 seal SA A’s series win
- South Africa A add 17-year-old Kwena Maphaka to squad
- Shukri Conrad: Tony de Zorzi a natural-born leader
- Gerald Coetzee: I batted in the top order my entire school career
- South Africa A lose despite Gerald Coetzee’s 77
- Dewald Brevis: Beyers Swanepoel played beautifully
- Dewald Brevis’ 98 ensures SA A win series opener