Sri Lanka A’s second innings moved to 230 for two – for a lead of 226 – on day three of this week’s four-day fixture against South Africa A in Hambantota.
Bad light caused an early end to play on Wednesday, after spinner Tristan Stubbs and seamer Tshepo Moreki took a wicket each.
Earlier, South Africa A’s first innings slipped to 294 all out. The last seven wickets fell for 70 runs. Stubbs top-scored with 117.
Sri Lanka’s first innings totalled 290 all out. Spinner Senuran Muthusamy took six wickets.
Muthusamy has taken 18 wickets in three innings during this tw0-match series. He claimed 12 wickets in last week’s series opener, which South Africa A lost.
More South Africa A cricket news
- Kwena Maphaka: I have a really good relationship with Shukri Conrad
- Gerald Coetzee’s 5-for, Tristan Stubbs’ 58 seal SA A’s series win
- South Africa A add 17-year-old Kwena Maphaka to squad
- Shukri Conrad: Tony de Zorzi a natural-born leader
- Gerald Coetzee: I batted in the top order my entire school career
- South Africa A lose despite Gerald Coetzee’s 77
- Dewald Brevis: Beyers Swanepoel played beautifully
- Dewald Brevis’ 98 ensures SA A win series opener