The University of Cape Town Cricket Club will have all-rounder Chris Sanders available during the 2021-22 Western Province Cricket Association club season.
Sanders has been capped four times at first-class level in the United Kingdom – and was in solid form for Cheshire in the National Counties Championship recently.
The University of Cape Town Cricket Club have been relegated to the WPCA first division A after an unsuccessful 2019-20 premier league campaign.
🔔 Get Club Cricket SA news on Whatsapp – club cricket news straight to your phone. User comments disabled, so no spam – just relevant news.
CPT Cricket Tours affiliation
Sanders is the latest among several first-class cricketers from England joined to Cape Town clubs by CPT Cricket Tours. Others, during previous seasons, include:
- Adam Rouse (Cape Town Cricket Club);
- Chris Liddle (Brackenfell Cricket Club);
- Adam Ball (Claremont Cricket Club);
- Ian Cockbain (Northerns Goodwood Cricket Club);
- Chris Dent (Brackenfell Cricket Club);
- Miles Hammond (Brackenfell Cricket Club);
- Charlie Hartley (Durbanville Cricket Club);
- Darren Stevens (Claremont Cricket Club);
- Imran Qayyum (Victoria Cricket Club);
- Ivan Thomas (Edgemead Cricket Club); and
- Alex Blake (Pinelands Cricket Club).