Batsman Ethan Cunningham has been included among Western Province’s contracted players for South Africa’s 2022-23 domestic season.
Cunningham represented South Africa at the Under-19 World Cup in the Caribbean earlier this year.
🔔 Get Club Cricket SA news on Whatsapp – club cricket news straight to your phone. User comments disabled, so no spam – just relevant news.
Seamer Basheer Walters and batsman Zubayr Hamza have not been listed among the 16 contracted players. Hamza agreed to a voluntary suspension in March 2022, after testing positive for prohibited substance Furosemide.
Fast bowlers Mihlali Mpongwana and Tshepo Moreki have been retained.
Left-arm seamer Nandre Burger, who was sidelined by injury for most of the 2021-22 season, has also been retained.
Proteas Kyle Verreynne, George Linde, Wayne Parnell and Beuran Hendricks are listed.
Former Warriors batsman Eddie Moore’s move to Western Province was confirmed last month.
Fast bowler Dane Paterson, who is currently with Nottinghamshire in English county cricket, will return to Western Province after one season with the Warriors.
More latest SA cricket news
- UPDATED: SA domestic player transfers
- Kieran Kenny leaves WP
- Matthew Christensen moves To SWD
- Dane Paterson rejoins WP
- Boland contract Hlomla Hanabe
- Titans contract Donovan Ferreira
- Knights sign Jason Raubenheimer
- North West contract Khanya Contani
- Ziyaad Abrahams moves to Warriors
- KZN Inland sign Malcolm Nofal
- Dilivio Ridgaard moves to KZN Inland
- Thula Ngcobo joins Mpumalanga
- Ruan Haasbroek exits Lions
- Jurie Snyman joins Mpumalanga
- Lizo Makosi leaves Warriors
- Dolphins contract Andile Simela
- Tshepo Ntuli joins Northern Cape
- Boland sign Farhaan Behardien
- Kelly Smuts goes to Northern Cape
- Jordan Hermann leaves Titans
- Khwezi Gumede exits Easterns
- Cameron Delport joins Lions
- Warriors sign Beyers Swanepoel
- Jonathan Vandiar leaves Heat
- Gihahn Cloete returns to Knights
- Eddie Moore leaves Warriors
- Jon-Jon Smuts leaves Warriors
- Josh Chippendale joins Warriors