Boland will start advertising for a new head coach this week.
Boland are replacing the outgoing JP Duminy, who succeeded former Boland head coach Adrian Birrell before joining the Proteas.
“We are out in the market. We are asking the coaches to tell us they are interested in the position. When you’re advertising you must keep an open mind otherwise you are limiting yourself,” Boland chief executive officer James Fortuin told IOL.
“We are looking for a knowledgeable and dynamic professional coach. We are really looking for good people, someone in the mold of Adrian Birrell and JP Duminy.”
Former Cape Cobras head coach Paul Adams will not be re-contracted by Border. Adams might be in contention for the Boland head coach role.
Meanwhile, Proteas batsman Keegan Petersen and seamer Glenton Stuurman have joined Boland for the 2023-24 season. They have also contracted batsman Janneman Malan.
“They will bring their winning mentality but most importantly they are good guys,” added Fortuin.
“Keegan we know because he comes from our pipeline. Glenton is just a top professional. The man is a Protea.
“We’ve made the kind of signings that we think will position us to seriously challenge for trophies across all formats.”
MORE latest SA domestic cricket news
- 2023-24 domestic season: LATEST player transfers
- 2023-24 domestic season: TEAM-BY-TEAM arrivals and exits
- Liam Alder and Andile Mokgakane join Warriors
- Delano Potgieter returns to Lions from North West
- Kelly Smuts returns to SWD from Northern Cape
- Smangaliso Nhlebela joins Tuskers in division one
- Thomas Kaber moves from Border to SWD
- Khwezi Gumede, Ruan Terblanche exit Boland for SWD
- Richard Das Neves succeeds Geoffrey Toyana as Titans assistant coach
- Luke Beaufort joins relegated Knights
- Kagiso Rapulana confirms Lions exit: Excited for next chapter
- Ruan de Swardt heads to North West from Dolphins
- Knights recruit fast bowler Tiaan van Vuuren amid several exits
- Thando Ntini stays in KZN, but exchanges Dolphins for Tuskers
- Former Cape Cobras all-rounder Onke Nyaku returns to WP from SWD
- Tian Koekemoer, Stefan Tait win multiple Tuskers awards
- Glenton Stuurman confirms Boland move: I still think I can play Test cricket
- Titans lose Theunis de Bruyn, sign Josh van Heerden from Border
- Border will not re-contract Paul Adams as head coach
- Alfred Mothoa confirms Knights exit: I look forward to new challenge in PE
- Wihan Lubbe confirms Warriors exit, rejoins North West
- Lesiba Ngoepe joins North West from Warriors
- Tsepo Ndwandwa’s latest sho’t left: It’s time to move on now
- Gideon Peters exits Border in division two for North West in division one
- Renaldo Meyer and JP King exit North West for Warriors
- Pite van Biljon departs Knights, joins Tuskers
- Mbulelo Budaza joins Tuskers from Knights
- Relegated Knights lose Gerald Coetzee to Titans
- Mthiwekhaya Nabe returns to Western Province from Warriors
- Juan James returns to WP from North West on rookie contract
- Zubayr Hamza exits Western Province for Lions
- Tshepo Moreki leaves Western Province for Lions
- Sean Whitehead exits SWD for Warriors
- Keegan Petersen returns to Boland from Dolphins
- Raynard van Tonder moves from Knights to North West
- Boland contract Janneman Malan after CSA snub
- Dolphins contract Andile Phehlukwayo after CSA snub
- Patrick Kruger joins Warriors from Knights